[Sugar-devel] IRC Channel

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Mon Mar 11 11:43:41 EDT 2019

Ahmed,

Generally speaking, there is no fixed time. While I would encourage
anyone who wanted to to "idle" on IRC (keep it in the background logged
in, assuming you have reliable and inexpensive enough connectivity), we
see _so many_ people log in for five, ten, or fifteen minutes, ask a
single question, and then disappear. This is not helpful behavior, nor
is it conducive to getting responses.

Remember, we are all globally distributed. IRC is not a replacement for
e-mail lists. Please do not treat it as such.

Regards,
Alex Perez
Sugar Labs Oversight Board Member

Sumit Srivastava wrote on 3/11/19 5:12 AM:
> If it's a question, mostly you'll get a reply within minutes on sugar
> devel.
>
> Welcome to Sugar Labs! :)
>
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2019, 5:36 pm Ahmed Khaled, <akhahmed at outlook.com
> <mailto:akhahmed at outlook.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey dudes and girls, I was wondering if there's a fixed time where
>     you guys are online on the IRC channel since I've been lurking for
>     a week now and haven't found any activity!

Sent from Postbox