[Sugar-devel] How to add activities to Sugarizer on Android

Evert Groenewald evert at coldsea.co.za
Wed Mar 6 07:08:14 EST 2019

On 2019-03-04 20:12, Alex Perez wrote:
> Evert,
>
> Evert Groenewald wrote on 3/3/19 11:06 PM:
>> Hallo List
>>
>> I have installed Sugarizer from F-Droid to my phone and would like to
>> know how to go about adding additional activities. I would like to add a
>> chess activity for instance. On the OLPC it is easy to add activities.
> Actually, it's not just on the OLPC side...it's just as easy to do
> this with The Fedora-based Sugar on a Stick installations of Sugar,
> which is available for armhfp (Pi3+), i386 and x86_64. Of course, it's
> not Android, but the OLPC is far from the only way to make use of the
> Sugar environment.

Hi Alex

Sorry, I've been busy, and have not had time to read email.

I have seen that Sugar is available for the platforms you mention, I
have focussed on Android because it is always in your pocket (mostly).
And it can be given to a child to keep busy when you are somewhere
waiting for whatever and the kids are bored and difficult.

Which is why I would like to have the chess activity included. Chess is
being done after hours at school and this will be a good way to get the
kids to practice.

Evert