[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer no server mode

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:11:00 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Since Sugarizer v1.0, Sugarizer Client [1] and Sugarizer Server [2] are
split and Sugarizer Server need a node.js and a MongoDB server.
Thought this configuration is a prerequisite to implement rich features
like Journal synchronization, collaboration and presence, I know it could
be complex for very small deployments (like testing on a tiny server like a
Raspberry PI Zero).

To solve this issue, I've decided to implement a "No Server mode" that
allow to expose Sugarizer on a web server without Sugarizer Server, so with
just a Apache, NGinx or Lighttpd server.

Of course, the drawback is a limited experience for the user: he/she will
lose all its work when the browser cache will be clear, It's not possible
to use collaboration feature and presence.

This feature is still in alpha and will be release with Sugarizer Client
v1.2.
In the meantime, I will be please to hear feedbacks from you.
More information here [3]

Best regards.

           Lionel.

[1] https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/