[Sugar-devel] Sugar Dashboard/Tamagotchi Meeting Logs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jul 23 17:17:16 EDT 2019

Thanks.

Think carefully about whether the My Settings control panel is right
for this;

(a) it mostly contains configuration settings, and Dashboard is not a
configuration setting,

(b) it is modal; must be dismissed before any activity or Journal is
shown,

(c) it is small; has a one cell border around it, the size of the
Frame, which is less space than you have used in the activity.

On the other hand, a "Journal" control panel icon could also include;

1.  the Save-as setting, which is currently only available using
gsettings,

2.  your pie chart and heat map (the other parts of Dashboard are not
as interesting).

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 09:33:57PM +0530, Hrishi Patel wrote:
> Hello,
> The logs for today's meeting are available here: [1]http://
> meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2019-07-23T15:35:22
>
> Minutes discussed:
> 1) Testing and Fixing Dashboard scaling issues
> 2) Moving Dashboard as a core part (to control panel)
> 3) Completion of Tamagotchi widget
>
> Thanks. Regards, Hrishi P.

> [1] http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2019-07-23T15:35:22

James Cameron