[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Separate python version packages for sugar-toolkit-gtk3

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 22 02:05:25 EDT 2019

G'day Sukhdeep,

I don't know what your approach was, sorry.

What is needed now is a python3-sugar3 deb package, containing the
HEAD of _master_ branch, built for python3, alongside a python-sugar3
deb package, built for python2.  Both would be installed at once.

Also, the python-sugar3 package shouldn't contain
/usr/bin/sugar-activity3 as that file is for python3, and therefore
should be in the python3-sugar3 package.

Also, it should be documented so that anyone else to reproduce the
packaging.

Debian bug 931666 is related.

Mailing list automatically adds [Sugar-devel] subject tag, if it is
not already present.  You don't need to add it, but it is harmless if
you do.

Hope that helps!

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 12:12:34PM +0530, sukhdeep gill wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've created deb packages for sugar-toolkit-gtk3 using this [1]source. With and
> without --with-python3 option. E.g. output looks like this:
> python-sugar3_0.114~sukhdeep.0-1_all.deb.
> Is this is a correct approach to take for creating the package?
>
> P.S. [Sugar-devel] subject tag was used in most of the email archives I
> checked. Please let me know if I should use that going further.
>
> Thanks,
> Sukhdeep Gill

> [1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/debian-packaging-example.md

James Cameron