[Sugar-devel] Dashboard, Tamagotchi Widget Meeting Reminder

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 15 17:56:54 EDT 2019

Samson's comment about inability to properly handle resize is
important, because it may be the same underlying cause of Dashboard
widgets off-screen on Fedora 18.

The GTK widgets negotiate their size with each other.  The process is
iterative and hierarchical.  The negotiation happens on startup, on
any membership changes to the widget hierarchy, and when the display is
resized.

One symptom is continual growth in width or height each time the
display is resized.  Test method is to press the rotate button, which
changes to 900x1200 resolution and back again.  This symptom isn't
happening on c9b8e1c.  You may simulate this with xrandr.

I suggest you find out;

- the detailed widget resizes during a display resize, using
  size-changed for each of your widgets,

- the pattern of original size requests made by the app,

- how the app works when used within the GNOME desktop as a
  non-maximised window.

Dashboard c9b8e1c certainly does not fit on 900x1200 resolution; only
half the pie graph is shown.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 09:50:06PM +0530, Hrishi Patel wrote:
> Meeting logs: [1]http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/
> 2019-07-15T15:42:27
>
> Regards, Hrishi P.
>
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:05 PM Hrishi Patel <[2]hrishipatel99 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello, the meeting has been delayed till tomorrow. It will now take place
>     tomorrow (Monday) at 3:30PM UTC (9PM IST), an hour before the weekly
>     meeting.
>
>     Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
>     On Sat, 13 Jul, 2019, 10:17 PM Hrishi Patel, <[3]hrishipatel99 at gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>         We are having a meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at 2:30 PM UTC (8:00 PM
>         IST) to discuss Dashboard and Tamagotchi's progress and changes
>         required.
>
>         Regards, Hrishi P.

> [1] http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2019-07-15T15:42:27
> [2] mailto:hrishipatel99 at gmail.com