[Sugar-devel] Suggestion on moving from IRC to Gitter

Rahul Bothra rrbothra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:42:03 EST 2019

Thanks James and Alex, I've reviewed all comments and suggestions.

For most of the suggestions, I found no alternate but to use IRC. My
idea was to see how many people are willing to move to Gitter, and if
it be helpful for new contributors.
I've observed this to the only criteria in my recent (radical) decisions
and they've mostly been poorly thought out, for us as an organisation.

I'm not in favor of keeping both Gitter and IRC, as it further splits the
community and introduces more problems than it will solve. I have no
personal preference for either of the two.

I currently have the channel https://gitter.com/Sugar-Labs setup on Gitter.
I'll let SLOBs and others make the final decision. I'm too young and
inexperienced to comment any further ;-)

Thanks
Rahul Bothra