[Sugar-devel] Starting with the contributions to sugar labs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Dec 4 18:45:51 EST 2019

Thanks Swathi.  Can you be more specific?

The "desktop environment" is a term we borrow from Linux because
that's the architectural layer that Sugar occupies on a system.  But
it does not deliver a desktop user experience.

Sugar starts as an X11 session, and offers a main menu, called the
Home View.  This is the Python jarabe module, from the repository
sugarlabs/sugar.

Apps are called "activities", and are where most of the user
experience occurs.

Opportunities for contributing to activities are far more numerous
than for working with the Sugar session.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/