[Sugar-devel] [Announcement] Sugarizer Server v1.2 is available
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 05:19:44 EST 2019
I'm proud to announce the version 1.2 of Sugarizer Server  the server
side of Sugarizer application .
Thanks to our recent participation to Google Summer of Code and to
feedbacks from our users and from our Sugarizer Deployment in Saint-Ouen
, this new Sugarizer Server version integrate major features and
Specifically, new features in this version are:
- Teacher profile: teachers are now able to connect with a specific
account and handle their classrooms and students without a global view of
- Customizable Stats: Statistics view in dashboard is now fully
customizable with more than 15 charts to understand all aspects of
Sugarizer usage in your school.
- Tutorial: The dashboard contains now a full tutorial to explain all
features for all screens to admins and teachers.
- Import/Export: The dashboard integrate import/export features to
populate easily your database with new teachers and students accounts.
- Improved UI: Columns sorting, more user friendly error messages,
improved classroom view, more responsive IO, … the dashboard UI has been
reviewed to be more usable by teachers/admins.
- QRCode connection: Connect your Sugarizer application to your server
in in few seconds by using the QR Code integrated within the dahsboard,
- Unlimited storage: Database now support unlimited Journal size and
Journal item up to 256mb,
- Improved command line options: activate/desactivate logs, detect and
show node.js version, … new options and features allow you to have more
control on your server.
- Optimization: ESLint and Grunt minimizer are now integrated to improve
code quality and performance. A new aggregate API has also been created to
optimize stats generation.
Find a detailed change log on .
Sugarizer Server 1.2 is available for any computer using Docker or could
be directly installed on Linux, MacOS or Windows. A specific documentation
explain how to deploy on a RaspberryPI, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web
Service. See here for more .
Note that since Sugarizer v1.0, Sugarizer Application and Sugarizer Server
are split and are updated separately. So Sugarizer Server v1.2 could be use
by Sugarizer Application v1.0, v1.1 or v1.2.
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Nikhil Mehra,
Tarun K. Singhal, Ashish Aggarwal and to all GSoC contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel