[Sugar-devel] Generating PO files

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 9 03:55:33 EDT 2019

Please provide a test plan, containing some test cases.

For an activity, the POT file is updated by "python setup.py genpot".

For Sugar, the POT file is updated using xgettext.  You can find how
it was done by reading the git log for the po/sugar.pot file.

If you've added any source files to Sugar, make sure they are also
added to the po/POTFILES.in file.

The .po files are updated by translators.

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 04:27:11PM +0530, Hrishi Patel wrote:
> Hello,
> I have integrated Dashboard to the Sugar and it can be tested here: [1]https://
> github.com/Hrishi1999/sugar/tree/dashboard-integration
> I have an issue, I can't update/regenerate pot/po files. I build and check my
> changes by running "./autogen.sh && make && make install" but it doesn't seem
> to update the po files.
>
> Thanks.

> [1] https://github.com/Hrishi1999/sugar/tree/dashboard-integration

James Cameron