[Sugar-devel] suggestions regarding idea and further guidance

paul hunter choudhary.vivek98 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:30:40 EDT 2019

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Walter,

and yeah, the Idea is to bridge the programmatic way of syntax writing and
trading them with hand/speech commands by the children.

Because we know it'll be absurd to guide children to comprehend with a
programming languages' syntax to solve problems.

An example of such task is a game in which a "bunny" needs to hop over
the tiles with left to right tracks to get it's carrot and the
children are told to give commands to the screen either from their
hands (fingers) or though speech that how many hops the bunny should
take or where it should turn (left/right) in order to get to his
carrot.

furthermore, we can use this to power other activities which doesn't
require much tactical thinking like -

An example of it can be helping the children to learn different
animals sounds and their speech:
In which the screen may prompt an animal which will make a sound and
the child will imitate the sound of the animal if the sound matches
then the screen moves to another animal else the process repeats, eg:
If the dog appears then the expected sound is “bark”.

not only this but we can also use this to track the child's actions
and check symptoms of fatigue.

this may not be an exercise but an useful feature in enhance the user
experience and make the child more comfortable while he/she is
interacting with our SugarLab activities

while the child is engaged in the activity we can detect various
features in the child’s face or other bodily features like –
To detect if they are not getting tired/sleepy if so, then gradually
shift the environment to comfortable interface.
To detect if the child is not overusing the software and if it not
harming their health by detecting features in the eyes like redness
etc.

looking forward for yours and the community's valuable suggestions.
warm regards
Vivek