[Sugar-devel] My GSoC Proposal 2019: Create a set of new activities

Suryansh Srivastava suryansh.srivastava99 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 22:48:02 EDT 2019

Hey
I am Suryansh Srivastava, a second year Computer Science undergraduate, at
International Institute of Information technology, Hyderabad, (A reputed
research oriented computer science institute in India). I was interested in
being a part of sugarlabs developing and adding a new set of activity to
the sugarlabs for GSoC 2019.

I propose the following ideas for the same:
machine learning (in reference to
https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/issues/16), something which i self
learned, after learning prerequisites from relevant courses, last semester.
Quantum Computing and Information theory (With introduction to quantum
mechanics): Something which I will be taking up as my research project and
has been reading up on this semester through interactive resources which I
can duplicate.
Bioinformatics: i have implemented various python scripts (and C ) related
to bioinformatics and DNA and protein (PDB files) in my second semester as
a part of an Intro to biology course.
I have studied the codebase of sugarlabs and can make a new activity with
the help of proper guidance.
I request you to take a look at the proposed ideas and get back to me about
which ones I should be submitting a proposal on.

Regards