[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2019; Selection of Mentors and Projects

Devin Ulibarri devin at ulibarri.website
Sun Apr 7 18:11:37 EDT 2019

On Sat, 2019-04-06 at 21:49 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> But I think any project worth the effort would benefit from input
> from a variety of perspectives: coding, design, UX, testing, etc. I
> don't know of anyone in my experience (40+ years of software
> development projects) who can do all of that on their own.

As the representative "non-coder" contributor to SL project Music
Blocks, of course I think that software development gains a lot from
various skill-sets.

In terms of policy, I agree that for mentorship we should not have a
limit.

I really appreciate having been let on board for GSoC my first year
without having to have studied coding before. This being said, I have
learned some basic coding-concepts along the way, which is fun too.