[Sugar-devel] Doubt regarding proposal draft

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 4 18:42:02 EDT 2019

G'day Aniket,

You ask if you should submit a draft or final proposal on Google
Summer of Code web site.  It's up to you.

On #gsoc it was said just now you can resubmit a final proposal up
to the deadline.

Your review audience changes based on your decision.  Let me explain.

Sugar Labs community of developers congregates on the mailing list.

A much smaller group have offered to be mentors.  Our list of project
ideas shows who these people are.

A much much smaller group are registered with Google as mentors for
the organisation.  At the moment it's Walter, Lionel, Rahul, Devin,
Michaël and myself.  More will be added once we know how many slots we
are given by Google, and what proposals are accepted.

If you submit final now, please also send a PDF to the mailing list,
unless it hasn't changed since your last PDF.

If you submit draft now, you have to remember to submit final for the
9th April deadline.

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 07:36:13PM +0530, aniket mathur wrote:
> On GSoC official site there is an option to submit a draft for review before
> final pdf upload, but my proposal is already reviewed twice through the mailing
> list, so should I skip that part and submit a final proposal?

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/