[Sugar-devel] Regarding GSoC 2019

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 1 20:51:36 EDT 2019

Welcome Roohan,

Good questions;

1.  not aware of any specific curriculum; we're a mix of nationalities
and our target audience is all; but you are welcome to make a
reference to a curriculum to back up a decision you've made,

contributing to Sugar Labs, the others are optional; GitHub, IRC,
Gitter, Wiki, (that reminds me to repost my list),

2 (b).  treat the IRC nickname section as optional, and be prepared to
identify yourself by name when a group meeting is held; the template
was prepared when we expected mentors on IRC during this phase of
preparations, but mentors have not been available, so we have
de-emphasised IRC in other information, ... on the other hand, if you
haven't registered an IRC nickname on freenode.net, you may find
attending a group meeting difficult the first time you need to do it.

3. when you submit a draft proposal to sugar-devel@ or Google Summer
of Code, you can change it and submit a changed draft proposal; when
you are finished making any changes, you can submit the "Final PDF
Proposal" on Google Summer of Code web site,

Hope that helps.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/