[Sugar-devel] Requirements: Applying as mentor of Sugar Labs in Google Code-in'18

VAIBHAV GUPTA guptavaibhav18197 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:06:53 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I am Vaibhav, a computer science undergraduate researcher from IIIT
Hyderabad. This past summer, I was software developer intern at Google
Summer of Code where my task was to built a complete tool, including an
administrative interface for manual annotation of datasets for Red Hen Lab.
I also have an intern project in The Linux Foundation (OPNFV) revolving
around research into http-profiling and defining performance metrics for
benchmarking of OpenStack’s Swift Object Storage.

I have been working and contributing to various open source projects. I
have acquired fair amount of open source experience working with
organizations like Red Hen Lab, ZENODO (CERN), OPNFV (The Linux Foundation)
and AIMA Code.

I am an open source enthusiast and would love to mentor students new to
opensource. It would be highly appreciated if I could get a chance to guide
the students being a mentor in Sugar Labs for Google Code-in’18.

Since I am new to Sugar Labs it would be great if you could tell me if new
comers can apply to be mentor in GCI and if so what are the requirements.

Thanks

Vaibhav