[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] motion regarding GSoC mentor travel

Vipul Gupta vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:13:03 EDT 2018

Hi,
I am not sure, if it's my place to speak here. But as part of community, I
am hoping to weigh in my point.

buying a one-way ticket on one airline for the first direction and a
>> one-way ticket on another for the return can often save money.
>>

> Not true for international long-haul flights, where it dramatically
> increases the price in most all cases.
>
> This is a common misunderstanding :/

+1 to that, I just traveled to and fro Boston for HackMIT 2018 and tired
doing that. But found the tickets to be much expensive then regular round
trips. Turns out organizers of HackMIT even refused to compensate people
who used such ways and claimed more money.