[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] motion regarding GSoC mentor travel

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:52:28 EDT 2018

Hi Folks,

I am the "SugarLabs" person Jaskirat will be visiting when he comes to Southern California for a few days on his way to the east coast. However.... if any of you will be in town during that time (Oct 15-17) we could have a get-together at my house and he could meet more of us! Please think about it... maybe I should put a note on the IAEP list? Oh... OK, it looks like I just did!

As for ticket prices... most airlines are now pricing tickets by the particular flight you take. We have found that buying a one-way ticket on one airline for the first direction and a one-way ticket on another for the return can often save money. For example, today I booked tickets for Ed and I to visit family in Texas at Christmas. By combining the lowest priced outbound ticket on SouthWest and our inbound back to LA on United I was able to save $300 to $500 on the 2 tickets!

I'm not the anonymous person who bought the return ticket to India, but I did buy the ticket from SFO to BUR.... it cost just $61!

Hope some of you will be in the LA area and we can get together!

Caryl (aka GrannieB)

P.S. We had a great time last year hosting Samson when he was in the United States.