[Sugar-devel] GCI task ideas

Amaan Iqbal amaaniqbal2786 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:45:48 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to add tasks for improvising existing sugarlabs website. Like
tasks related to fixing existing issues on www-sugarlabs and updating
atleast the main page of the website in steps to a materialized version of
the same.

Further I see that we have used some redundant libraries too. And at most
places apart from the fact that similar stylings are available in
bootstrap, I see someone tried to use custom css for the same. Also
currently we are having 2 blocking scripts and 3 blocking css resources.
One can find them here
<https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=www.sugarlabs.org>.
Apart from these I can see that we are using obsolete versions of bootstrap
and other plugins.

Because of these overall loading time of the website is also too much and
there is significant room for improvement. I guess it might be important
consideration for SugarLabs to work on few of these in this year GCI. I
will start creating tasks from Friday or latest by Saturday onwards.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards
Amaan