[Sugar-devel] Switching sugarlabs.org to Backdrop CMS

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Nov 16 16:28:05 EST 2018

Thanks, good question.

In the past year, the changes made to the web site via GitHub have
almost entirely been for style or appearance.

Changes to content have been very rare.

People who we all should expect to provide content, such as Thomas, the
new marketing team, yourself, and the oversight board, have not
provided content.

The Airspace Jekyll theme we use has diverged from the original theme
design, rather than using a cascade, and rather than taking any issues
upstream.

A content management system would help to stop this waste of effort on
style or appearance tweaks.

Backdrop is just one of many.  There are others.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/