[Sugar-devel] Switching sugarlabs.org to Backdrop CMS

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Nov 16 04:00:55 EST 2018

Backdrop CMS is a lightweight content management system for
non-profits.

Backdrop CMS joined the Software Freedom Conservancy recently, and
Sugar Labs is also part of SFC.

Have we any volunteers interested in converting the web site and
content to Backdrop?  It seems to have all the features needed, and
may help to release our volunteers to work on more important things,
such as Music Blocks, Turtle Blocks, Sugarizer, Sugar, or activities.

Steps;

* [ ] establish a list of volunteers,

* [ ] build a list of requirements and acceptance criteria,

* [ ] check for alternate CMS implementations,

* [ ] verify we have consensus to proceed,

* [ ] verify oversight board is in favour,

* [ ] instantiate the CMS,

* [ ] copy content from old site,

* [ ] maintain content.

--