[Sugar-devel] PyDelhi Dev-sprint - Sugar Labs is participating

Vipul Gupta vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:17:24 EDT 2018

Hello folks,

I am a co-organizer for a local Python user group, PyDelhi [1]. It's a
volunteer-run organization that hosts free bi-weekly meetups related to
Python in New Delhi, India. I contribute to many of their projects and also
to PyCon India 2018.

So, PyDelhi is organizing a Dev Sprint on 26th May 2018. For the Dev
Sprints, 5 organizations and mentors will be helping out participants
contribute to Open Source Projects. Participating organizations are
Mozilla, Kivy, Python, PyCon India and *Sugar Labs*. All information about
the dev-sprint [2]

Yes, after a brief discussion with many people of the community. Sugar Labs
will also be part of the dev sprints. What help would I need from the
community?
1. *Any* open relatively easy issues that need to be solved. Bugs in
activities. New features. Documentation reviews. That contributor could
solve and get involved in open-source. It could be anything, really. List
them out.
2. *Participation* from people living in New Delhi, you can check the venue
of the sprint here [2]. Please do come, it would be of great help. Even if
you are not that involved.
3. People who could be *available* on the said date remotely, from 10 am to
5pm IST. I wouldn't need any commitments but if some quick feedback on
issues and pull requests could be received. Then it would be a ton of help.

I can't really promise if this would be fruitful or not. But we should
start somewhere. And I think this could be a good start. More people could
start knowing about Sugar Labs and would help later on. As always, all
suggestions are appreciated.

--
Cordially,
Vipul Gupta