[Sugar-devel] GSoC Project: Migration of Activities wiki-pages to GitHub

Vipul Gupta vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 03:18:18 EDT 2018

Hi, I reviewed the script that you sent. I have some suggestions and a
method I used when I was working on the project.

How about parsing the activity page in HTML format rather than calling it
through the MediaWiki API, then in JSON, then extracting WikiText, then
Markdown through pandoc.
It's very simple really, in the sidebar of activities you will find a link
in each activity called printable version (Using the wiki --> printable
version). Click it and here in this example, you will land on this page.
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Activities/Ruler&printable=yes

I think you might find the accuracy and speed of the page conversion to be
improved to a better extent (HTML --> Markdown). Also, the HTML page that
you will request will also have image links embedded in it. Find them and
download the images from there only. I might be wrong using this method,
but it worked for me. What do you think?

 [image: Screenshot_2018-05-18_12-39-50.png]