[Sugar-devel] Port to TelepathyGLib

Rahul Bothra f2016015 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Wed May 16 14:47:19 EDT 2018

Hi,

I started understanding how Telepathy and DBus work, and porting our code
to use their PyGI bindings instead of static bindings, and it looks like a
big task.
Also, GitHub search gives 72 results
https://github.com/search?p=5&q=org%3Asugarlabs+%22from+telepathy%22&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93
for instances of telepathy

Instead, Should we pack the static binding port of Telepathy inside
Sugar-Toolkit. The only change that will then have to be made will be:
"from telepathy.foo import bar" will have to be changed to "from
sugar3.telepathy.foo import bar"

Please suggest if there can be any disadvantages in following this approach
? (Sorry, if it is obvious)

Regards
Rahul Bothra (Pro-Panda)