[Sugar-devel] Where shall I start contributing?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 11 23:52:04 EDT 2018

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 07:23:21AM +0530, Jaskirat Singh wrote:
> Hello !
>
> One of the GSOC aspirant is working on the "Beginner guide for new comers"
> along with the mentors. So i think this will soon help us in providing an
> appropriate path to the new contributors.

Thanks.  You are talking about Pratul Kumar,
https://medium.com/@pratulkumar/gsoc-introduction-to-the-community-ed47e04e3051

Pratul should become an activity maintainer before being trusted to guide
beginner developers to that same goal.

Back on 14th February, when Pratul first mentioned their interest in
the project, I mentioned several risks and gave links to our existing
beginner guides written by Rahul, pipix51, Walter, and I.  These
guides continue to be updated.

Perhaps the mentors might help?  I don't think so.  Mentors that
Pratul met with are Jaskirat Singh, Divyanshu Rawat, Abdulazeez
Abdulazeez and Shivang Shekhar.  None of these are an activity
maintainer.

Perhaps the other mentors might help?  I don't think so.  Wiki page
also mentions Hrishi Patel, Rishabh Thaney and Samson Goddy.  None of
these are an activity maintainer, though Hrishi has had a go at making
changes to Sugar Toolkit documentation.

What will Pratul do about the problem of our collective failure to
maintain Sugar activities?  There's a challenge.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/