[Sugar-devel] Fw: [SLOB] Action required: Devin Ulibarri travel/

Ifeanyi Peter ifeanyipeter42 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 13:05:57 EDT 2018

+1 for the motion.
- Ifeanyi Ekperiwww.ifeanyiekperi.online

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> To: "SLOBs" <slobs at lists.sugarlabs.org> Cc: "iaep" <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>, "Sugar-dev Devel" <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>, "OLPC para usuarios, docentes, voluntarios y administradores" <olpc-sur at lists.laptop.org> Sent: Wed, May 9, 2018 at 15:35 Subject: [Sugar-devel] [SLOB] Action required: Devin Ulibarri travel/  I was hoping to discuss this at the May meeting, but no one was able to attend that meeting.
Devin went to Japan to run some Music Blocks workshops. We had allocated a budget for him was US $1200 for his ticket and US $50 for local expenses (See [1]). Devin incurred some additional expenses above and beyond what we budgeted -- extra local travel and some equipment needed for the workshops (speakers).
One of the schools he visited -- the Yokohama Science Frontiers school -- offered Devin an honorarium of ~US $500, which they sent to the SFC.  ,These funds would cover his additional costs. The SFC won't release this money without our approval. It would amount to US $450 after the 10% allocation by the SFC.
Motion: Approve the payment of US $450 as an honorarium to Devin Ulibarri for his workshops in Japan.
I don't think there is anything controversial here, but of course, your feedback (and community feedback) is most appreciated.
Someone would have to second this motion so that we can vote on it.

Thanks.
-walter
[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2018-01-09

--