[Sugar-devel] Meeting #2 of the project Setting up activity server.

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Sun May 6 22:00:02 EDT 2018

Hi, Walter

Is there a link to a description of the proposed new server? I assume
that what you mean is that a new physical server will become host to
ASLO. Naturally, I am much more interested in the capabilities of the
service than the server.

It is really hard for me to see any connection between activity.info and
an activity service (which supplies information about activities and
downloads the bundle  on request).I assume these consistency tests are
made before a new activity version is released and is part of the
process of creating a github repository.

The python script can use a loop on the list of bundles:

for activity in activities:

      #use zipfile to read the activity.info file

      #count or test for any property

      #report (e.g. print ) result of test by activity

#report summary of loop execution

I do not have any idea of what you are referring to by a screenshot. I
certainly hope there is no intent to add a screenshot to an activity
bundle. It may be fun to revel in storage available on a PC but the
overwhelming number of our users have XO laptops with very limited
storage. This is similar to the trend to make Sugar more dependent on
the internet. For example, sudo apt-get install sucrose is difficult to
accomplish in a room with 40 laptops and no internet, the current
situation in Rwanda with the Positivo laptop.

Tony