[Sugar-devel] Meeting #2 of the project Setting up activity server.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun May 6 21:49:05 EDT 2018

No surprise that this meeting didn't discuss an activity server or
WikiPort, because (a) the questions were about a private mail (there
was no link), and (b) the new term WikiPort is Vipul's name for the
project.

I interpret https://github.com/sugar-activities as trash left lying
around by a previous contributor.  It ruins code and text searches on
GitHub, because there are so many matches in the wrong place.  I've
had two contributors misidentify repositories because of it.

While it would be nice to clean up ASLO, this is obviously never going
to happen, because we've had so many people try already, then fail.
ASLOv2, then ASLOv3, and we're still on ASLOv1.  I've fixed a few
things, 'cause I can code in PHP.  It's not hard.  Rather than stuff
around with ASLO, we really need activity maintainers who will release
new activity versions.

You're wrong about the version numbers.  Sugar supports version
numbers with any number of periods separated by numbers.  Our
specification of version number is
https://developer.sugarlabs.org/sugar3/sugar3.bundle.bundleversion.html

(For others, "real" is FORTRAN for floating point.  Both Tony and I
used Fortran.)

Yes, automatic bundle deletion should be done.  Any volunteers to do
it?  Thought not.  https://github.com/sugarlabs/browse-activity/issues/81

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/