[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2018 Application - Alexandru-Cosmin Mihai

Alex Cosmin Mihai alexcosmin.mihai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:22:46 EDT 2018

 Hello!

My name is Alexandru Mihai and I first got in contact with the Sugar Labs
community last December. Since then I have ported an activity to GTK3 and I
have started working on porting another one (flipsticks).

I would love to participate in Google Summer of Code 2018 with Sugar Labs
by working on the "Just say no to GTK2" project.

Unfortunately, my university semester ends on the 15th of June (official
link in Romanian
<http://www.upb.ro/files/evenimente/ADMITERE_2017/Structura_2017-2018.pdf>),
but I do believe that I will still be able to complete this project if I am
accepted. I have written my first draft of the proposal which is available
here: https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Alexmihai .

I would like to kindly ask you to give me a review of my proposal and tips
on how I could improve it and also to provide me with an answer regarding
the impact of this project on the Sugar Labs community, as requested in the
proposal template.

I hope that the fact that I will not be able to start working on this
project from the 14th of May will not be a problem, if I will be accepted.

Thank you very much for your time!

Best regards,
Alex Mihai