[Sugar-devel] Linux on Windows 10

Hrishi Patel hrishipatel99 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:30:23 EST 2018

Hello,

We earlier had discussed about this as far as I remember. Even I did create
a thread, when I ran Sugar successfully on Windows.

The current Windows Subsystem for Linux does not support GUI applications
by default, but there is a workaround.

Some of you might have seen screenshots and GIF of sugar running on windows
by me.

I am currently making an application which will run Sugar in windows by a
click. You can check it out here
https://github.com/hrishi1999/sugar-on-windows

It is work in progress, I will work on other features soon.

Also, to let you all know, WSL only supports 64-bit systems.

Btw, I haven't found any Linux distros on Windows Store which has graphical
interface.