[Sugar-devel] Fix for AbiWord flicker and caret issues

Martin Sevior msevior at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:01:46 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,
I recently committed a fix to abiword head that I believe fixes a number of
abiword flickering and caret issues.

I believe that this should also improve the performance of the application.
It was previously burning a lot of CPU in endless redraws.

I haven't checked on Sugar Write which is built from abiwidget. I also
haven't checked that the multiple carets work either. I'd very much
appreciate someone from the sugar community trying it and providing
feedback. Unfortunately it appears that the abiword-devel mailing list has
been put into hibernation but if you reply to me via this mailing list I'll
get your feedback and will work on fixing problems you report.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get round to this.

Cheers

Martin Sevior