[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Sugarizer Rpi Image
amanharitsh123 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:22:07 EDT 2018
- Thank You , I am glad you like my work.
- The image has this enormous size because we have included docker images
in this image itself. This would help the users to save bandwidth as they
dont have to download 600-800MB around docker images to setup containers.
Also the image link I have provided in my earlier email is a fully setup
rpi image (basically the backup of a once booted image). I have did this
because my generated rpi image requires internet connectivity and 25-30mins
after the first boot to set the things up. So provided a backup image like
is helpful for the community to test the image easily and as soon as
- Backup image is large because in this image docker containers are already
created. Also we have sugarizer and sugarizer-server in the image.
- To flash the image , unzip the Sugarizer.gz and flash the extracted image
using dd.(You will need atleast a 16GB sdcard)
- Documentation : https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Amanharitsh123
- My Blog :
- For a more detailed documentation on customizing the image is here :
If you have any other queries / suggestions, feel free to reach me out.
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 1:32 PM, Bastien <bzg at bzg.fr> wrote:
> Hi Aman,
> this is great work, thank you.
> If I may ask, why the initial image is so big? Can you detail a bit
> what takes so much place?
> Also, is there a documented way to customize the image?
> Thanks again!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel