[Sugar-devel] Development Team Meeting, 30th January 10PM UTC

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 30 18:08:42 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 10:35:18AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> Developers are invited to attend the next team meeting, on Tuesday
> 16th January, at 5PM US/Eastern (10PM UTC).

We had James, Sidhant, Euan, Walter, Emily, and Devin.

> Agenda to include
>
> - what we have been working on,

James: reviewed patches, reviewed NumRush activity, ported Letters and
Physics to Sugargame 1.2, met with Google Open Source program
managers, Software Freedom Conservancy, and Free Software Foundation
at linux.conf.au.

Sidhant: contributors or team page for web site.

Euan: Music Blocks Planet.

Walter: reviewed NumRush activity, clean up GCI work to prepare new
release of Music Blcoks and Turtle Blocks.

Emily: Clock activity user documentation, now working on pitch
visualisation for Music Blocks.

Devin: various patches to Music Blocks, creating tasks for GSoC,
engaging the Lilypond user community.

We also discussed;

- the dilution and diffusion of developer onboarding documentation,
  and because of too much noise on wiki.sugarlabs.org agreed to
  deprecate it for this and continue moving to GitHub-based resources.

  (ps. Wiki-only people, Thomas, will need to move to GitHub!)

- how submodules have not worked well for us because GitHub's release
  files don't include submodule contents.  Git subtrees may help.

- the way our multiple repository model differs from GitHub's model,
  which leads to oddities like no organisation-based issues or wiki
  feature.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/