[Sugar-devel] Involving InGSoC 2018

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:53:05 EST 2018

Hi Michaël,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Michaël Ohayon <mohayon75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Danishka !
>
> I am interested in working on the task of "Sugarizer School Box".
>> I choose this task as I am really interested in RPi based deployments as
>> well as I am from DevOps background with AWS experience.
>>

> Nice ! Do you have questions regarding the project ?

Yes, I have few questionsn
Is this work suppose to use within Sugarlabs or other education institutes
or communities provision there own infrastructure and setup their own Sugarizer
in the cloud?
Do we have a SaaS model as well? I mean creating tenants and let multiple
communities on same Sugarlabs cloud where they can have their own
customization (custom activities, branding, etc)?
Do we have a requirement on monitoring?

How frequently we release Sugarizer?

> The project is about a flashable distribution image for RPi but also a
> second task to simplify the way to deploy Sugarizer in the cloud.
>
> For the deployment part we have two options that could be nice to have.
> - a really simple automation like heroku single click deploy (
> https://blog.heroku.com/heroku-button). This is the killer feature we
> should definitely have.

tbh, I haven't used heroku but I will have a look.

> - the devops way using tools like Ansible and Terraform and Packer.

I am familiar with Ansible and I would like to give try using Terraform and
other options.

> One major thing for all platforms is to think about the upgrade processes,
> how can we update the devices/server without loosing data.

Is there any documentation of current architecture?

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin