[Sugar-devel] GSOC Project Idea lnquiry

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:25:34 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Ndubuisi Onyemenam <onyemenamndu at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello. I am Ndubuisi Onyemenam, a University student from Nigeria. I want
> to know more about what the GSOC project idea "migration of wiki activity
> pages to git" is all about and the skill set required to accomplish the
> task. Regards. It's my first time on the list.

It will involve the development and refinement of scripts to:
(1) convert Media Wiki markup to Markdown
(2) scrape the activity pages in the wiki
(3) create the appropriate .md files in the git repos in
github.com/sugarlabs/
(4) replace the wiki content with redirects to the git repo .md files.

There will be a need to monitor the script output closely as the variety of
pages in the wiki is pretty extreme across the 350 or so pages.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender