[Sugar-devel] GSoC Project Contribution

Pratul Kumar pratulkumar1997 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 00:24:51 EST 2018

 Hello,
Hope you all are doing well.

As we have already discussed my interest in the project - "Making a
Beginner Guide" since this project can be highly valuable to our community
for future aspects.

After reading the conversation regarding the coding and programming touch
for GSoC projects, I went through Beginner Guides of few other
organizations, observed them.

 and I have few suggestions which we can add to the current draft of this
project idea(Making a beginner guide).

We can add login and dashboard feature to our website where we are going to
write beginner guide like the one Mozilla has written (link
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Introduction>).
The
purpose of making dashboard is to make a newcomer feel more close to the
community. The dashboard will have certain features of adding Profile
Photo, About us section.Also, privacy can be maintained by the users.

The dashboard can be logged in through single click integrated with Google
Gmail ID or Github like KDE <https://season.kde.org/?q=program_home&prg=46>.

Some of the benefits of adding this property to the current plans are given.
1. The user can add shortcuts to their dashboard just by single click if
they want to add some pages of the beginner guide for their future
reference, It will make things better and easy to use.

2. Badges: We can add the feature of badges like you get some badge when
you complete the certain portion of the guide, And more badges get added
when you completed other parts of the guide. It will be a motivation factor
for the students.

The option of login will not be the compulsory part, the documentation can
be viewed without even logging.
These features will be the add-on to the current idea of Beginner Guide.

It will bring good coding touch to the project and also this dashboard
feature can be explored in the much better way in future like Season of KDE
dashboard and certain other competitions like BOSS - Bountiful Open Source
Summer <https://lab.codingblocks.com/boss/>.

Currently, I have skills required to implement this project and I am very
much enthusiastic and eager to do more on this project.

Prerequisite:HTML,CSS,JavaScript,Bootstrap,Jquery,NodeJs,Angular,MongoDB.

Regards,
Pratul Kumar