[Sugar-devel] GSoC is for coding projects

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 03:57:52 EST 2018

Thanks James,

I don't know if you noticed, yes I don't think. I hosted an Open Source /
Gsoc bootcamp in my City Port Harcourt[1]. With partnership with the
Riverstate Government. We had about 300 university students who knows
nothing or zero knowledge of what Open Source community / project was until
that event. Josh Simmons was one of the remote speakers for my event, he
spoke live via Google Hangouts. Walter also did honored my invitation to
speak also. Josh in almost 1 hour explained what Open Source and Gsoc was.

I remember meeting with the Open Source team at Google, at the mentor
summit last year. Chris, Will, Stephanie, Josh, Mary. I was given about 70
Google T-shirts to use to promote Google Open Source in Nigeria. Which is
really fun.

So you explain my point, a coding project that will be complicated enough
to last for three months. I will also work on the "Sugar Labs Social" I am
just having issues with my internet for now. Mobile phones only.

[1] http://techativeng.com/2018/02/05/gsoc-bootcamp-port-harcourt-2018/