[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] GSoC is for coding projects

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 17:53:20 EST 2018

Struck out is not a good idea. Nothing explain that these projects are not
real GSoC projects. So nothing forbid students to do proposal on these
projects.
I suggest to move it on a "future project idea" page on the wiki to avoid
confusion.

"Involve some programming" is not enough for GSoC projects. It should be a
programming task. Some other projects on this page are not compliant in my
opinion:
- Making a Beginner Guide: It's about documenting, not coding.
- Sugar Labs Social: It's about marketing and integrating blog/forum tools,
not implementing a new feature or a new module of anything.
- Making a marketing animated website page of Sugar Labs: As the name
suggest it's marketing too. Developing a set of page with animation and
style sheets is not about coding, it's about design.

Re-read my question to GSoC guys; I've explicitly asked question about that
type of tasks.

           Lionel.