[Sugar-devel] GSoC is for coding projects

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 15:13:00 EST 2018

Hi all,

Yesterday we had a discussion at SLOB meeting regarding possibility to
submit GSoC projects without coding tasks (marketing, documentation,
localization, ...).
I asked a question regarding this point on the GSoC mentor mailing list.

Following is the very clear answer from Cat Allman, member of the Google
GSoC team. Shortly: "GSoC is about coding".

So I suggest that we update our project list page [1] to be more compliant
with these rule. Few projects are clearly not coding tasks today.

Best regards from France.

          Lionel.

[1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2018