[Sugar-devel] freenode spam measures

D. Joe sugarlabs at etrumeus.com
Fri Aug 24 11:13:14 EDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 02:58:15PM +0000, D. Joe wrote:

> The channels also need the +n mode set, to prevent nicks from sending direct messages into the channel even when those
nicks are connected to the network but are not registered nor joined to the channel.

To make this more explicit, I should note that this seems to be how trollspam is still being sent into #sugar.

I suspect it doesn't get mentioned by, eg, Freenode staff alongside the recommendation to set +r because they may be
accustomed to having +n already set.