[Sugar-devel] Initial tests of Sugar on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 30 19:47:57 EDT 2018

The next step in this process is to upload the working activities to the
schoolserver and then downloading and installing on an XO-1.5 with the
13.2.8 build to verify that these activities also work on an XO. This
can then form a core of activities.

Part of the reduction in numbers from the 714 in ASLO came from deleting
the GCompris activities. These are available by installation on gnome
and then using a simple Sugar activity wrapper. Unfortunately
maintaining these activities separately requires more investment of
technical resources than are available. The sugar-web-activities were
not tested and so should increase the number of available activities.

Tony