[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2018 Proposals

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Apr 24 17:46:37 EDT 2018

Seems like a lot of work to put the proposals on the Wiki; how will it
help?  I'm not sure it helped much last year.

Some of the proposals are in the mailing list archives, although some
links may not work any more.  See https://lists.sugarlabs.org/

If you're interested in any particular proposal, write to the student.

During the work, the proposal is only a guide, and the projects
undergo new design and planning.  Mentors and student tend to choose
the tools for that.  GitHub has a Projects feature.  Minimum tool is
mail.

For previous projects, private mail has led to uninteresting failures,
due to groupthink of small groups of mentors.  So I'll count as likely
to succeed any project that uses sugar-devel@ mailing list, and
presume the other projects that I've heard nothing about have failed.

;-)

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 07:19:10AM -0400, Rishabh Nambiar wrote:
> Congrats to everyone who was selected this year!
>
> Where can we find the proposals written by the students who were selected?
>
> If they're not put online yet, when can we expect them to be made public on the
> Sugar Labs Wiki like last year?
> [1]https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2017
>
> Thanks!

> [1] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2017