[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: [IAEP] Sugar Design Meeting/Reunión 21 September at 11 PM UTC IRC Sugar Meeting [DESIGN]

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Sun Sep 24 07:20:32 EDT 2017

[para Sugar-Sur favor traducir y leer]

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 06:19:48AM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:
> > Thank you all that were present for the reactivation meeting for the
> > Sugar Labs Design Team.
>
> It was a horrible experience.

For children living in development countries "a horrible experience" has
real meaning.

I hope one day soon you get to understand the importance of integrating
real children's needs to their Software Design.

> > Gracias a todos los que estuvieron presentes para la reactivación
> > del equipo de Diseño de Sugar Labs.
>
> Can't read that.

Is a simple translation.

It was sad to feel Spanish is a not welcomed language in the community.

The example I gave with the requirement "to be able to download activities
from the user interface" has many possible solutions; for example a Sugar
Activities Catalog.

Instead, this "design team" you strongly protect, doesn't have an instance
to think, share and select possible solutions and/or course of actions.

In current process, whoever reaches the user/teacher first gives back his
personal ideas only.

In this example he/she would have received Tony's directions and the design
insight would have been forever lost.

That is no coherent if community hopes for the Sugar software to evolve.

Regards

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good