[Sugar-devel] logo dicussion

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Sep 14 08:09:38 EDT 2017

> On Sep 14, 2017 12:52 PM, "Laura Vargas" <laura at somosazucar.org> wrote:

>> I didn't wanted to reply earlier because i wanted to be sure what the
>> discussion was all about. I perfectly understand Sebastian worries. But as
>> walter mention Sugar Labs was a spinoff of OLPC and that is why the logo is
>> still present. Now, what i think we should do is to ask SLOBS if we want to
>> make these changes, make a good logo, the present one from Sebastian is
>> good but it is similar to Gnome logo. So we should calm them design a new
>> one that if SLOBS approve the chnages.
>>
>> As for me, leaving the XO logo from Sugar is a smart move to marketing,
>> our goal is to make Sugar available to all users not just OLPC by doing
>> that we should have Sugar OS logo to make things neutral.
>>
>> Sebastian, since you co-sign the agreement could you please take my
>> suggestions and make things official by take it to SLOBS make design open
>> for members to agree on a design because the current one for me is not
>> acceptable.
>>

> Samson,
>
> Old trademarked OLPC logo is gone now.
>
> If you think the one proposed by Sebastian is "not acceptable" you must
> explain your reasons. For me it is.
>
> Very similar to Gnome logo

I was chating here with my Gnome friends and we have come to a tag line:

"To jump in one foot you must firts learn to stand up in two"

She loved it!

> As I have said earlier, am all for a Sugar Marathon Design. You in?
>
> Sugar Marathon Design??
>
> We don't we do an Open Logo competition online and share with members for
> our users to design good logo, reflecting what sugar is. Like how Sugar
> Labs logo came alive.

Am all for open dynamics still I prefer collaborative dynamics rather than
competitive ones.

A Sugar Design Marathon can be done if it is the Board will, by asking all
community members to synchronize for ~15 intensive days with a design team
from active volunteers and contributors.

I look forward to see Community working together productively.

What do you think?

Regards