[Sugar-devel] logo dicussion

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 07:36:34 EDT 2017

I didn't wanted to reply earlier because i wanted to be sure what the
discussion was all about. I perfectly understand Sebastian worries. But as
walter mention Sugar Labs was a spinoff of OLPC and that is why the logo is
still present. Now, what i think we should do is to ask SLOBS if we want to
make these changes, make a good logo, the present one from Sebastian is
good but it is similar to Gnome logo. So we should calm them design a new
one that if SLOBS approve the chnages.

As for me, leaving the XO logo from Sugar is a smart move to marketing, our
goal is to make Sugar available to all users not just OLPC by doing that we
should have Sugar OS logo to make things neutral.

Sebastian, since you co-sign the agreement could you please take my
suggestions and make things official by take it to SLOBS make design open
for members to agree on a design because the current one for me is not
acceptable.

These are my thoughts