[Sugar-devel] Sugar Feet Logo #DebuggingUI [WAS: Re: Flat design causes uncertainty]

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Tue Sep 12 22:04:32 EDT 2017

Thank you Sebastian!!!!

> Hi Laura,
> :-)
>
> On 12/09/17 13:34, Laura Vargas wrote:
>
> My personal preference would be to modify the child centered concept it
> currently has for an icon that represents the concept of *"using
> technology for loving Planet Earth"*.
>
> Peace, love, Planet Earth and/or the "sustainable development" concept on
> the main icon will resonate easy with a young generation that today witness
> the need for this radical change :D
>

> While I see where you're coming from, I think you're proposing a radical
> change. The strong idea is to put the learner at the centre of his own
> learning, signified in Sugar by the XO's logo prominence.
>
> The fact remains that the XO logo icon is a registered trademark
> <http://www.trademarkia.com/xo-78880051.html> and therefore we need to
> change it, in order to protect our users and downstream distributors from
> any limitations imposed by the trademark owner.

+1

> Here's what I have currently merged to solved it for now, and it is
> already in the Github repository, where a discussion is being held. I'm
> sure it can be improved, from the original by Abdo from Noun Project, I
> stretched it sideways. I think it conveys "self" "child" and also has a bit
> of "feet touching earth" which is very powerful. Also, it has a slight
> resemblance to our bigger brother, Gnome, for good reason.
>
> I hope you like it!

*I love the Feet Logo. Lots of thanks for doing this for Sugar :D*

*The new icon is simple, elegant and fits the purpose of clearly setting
the starting point of the Sugar experience:*

Indeed the "feet touching earth" are very powerful concept totally aligned
with the GDG.

The fact they look like they are about to start walking sets a "resilience
tone" ideal for learners.

Finally, I think it serves well for the purpose of distancing Sugar from
> any particular vendor...

*Yes! Sugar Labs needs to be totally neutral will all hardware vendors.*

I would love to see it on Sugarizer too!

Brilliant.

Warm regards,

--
Laura
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ L. Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good