[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs 2017-2019 Oversight Board Election Results

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Oct 16 21:01:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:50:00AM +0000, Devin Ulibarri wrote:
> James Cameron:
> > I've checked, and both Devin and Thomas are on the list of members.
> >
> > The ballot was sent by mail.
> >
> > We should all know that mail is unreliable because of spam filtering.
>
> It is not in my spam.

Thanks, but it doesn't have to be in your spam folder for it to have
been filtered.  Filtering happens at multiple points, not only your
mail hosting provider.  My guess is that it was filtered before
reaching your provider.

In general, mail has degraded in reliability.

> > members are subscribed there.
>
> I am not subscribed there.
>
> What does iaep stand for, BTW?

education project."

> > Walter posted a reminder for you to check for your ballot, to
> > sugar-devel@ in the Sugar Digest on 10th October.
>
> I did not check the sugar digest, but I do see the email titled
> "[Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2017-10-10" and I do see that Walter
> mentioned it.
>
> > Devin, Thomas, it looks like almost everything reasonable was done to
> > ensure you could vote, but you didn't get the mails, and you didn't
> > follow up.
>
> I admit that there are things I could have done to find the information
> beforehand.

Thanks.

> > Now that you know you are missing mails on sugar-devel@, please use
> > the archives to check what you have missed.
>
> I read the emails with titles that interest me, b/c I get a lot of
> emails and have chosen to just read a subset of them.

Yes, that's common.  There's no way to fix that.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/