[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] New ASLO Project Definition

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 19 18:32:56 EDT 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 03:23:37PM -0400, Samuel Cantero wrote:
> Thanks all for the comments. Here are my replies:
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 3:04 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > The argument that ASLO is out of date because of there being two
> > places to update information ... is specious.  Besides, "two" is
> > wrong; there is a third place critical for downstream packaging;
> > download.sugarlabs.org.
>
> download.sugarlabs.org simply list the activities (xo files) stored
> at files / folder registered in ASLO. It's a must the sync between
> ASLO and download.

No, that's not my understanding.  Perhaps you are thinking of the
activities or activities2 directories, but my intent was the sources
directory.

See
http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/
http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/

Neither of these are automatically synchronised; and perhaps they
should not be synchronised; as uploading to these directories sends a
signal to downstream packaging that is different to the signal sent by
ASLO.  An activity maintainer might want to make a point release to
downstream packaging that is not necessary to release in ASLO.

You might also recall Peter Robinson's regular replies to [ASLO]
release announcements;

"Sounding like a broken record but can we have a tarball please :-)"

> >Nobody has asked me or added me to moderators queue.  Why not?  ;-)
>
> I didn't know you were not a moderator. Can someone with admin
> rights add to James?

Also consider rights to release new activity versions for the
missing-in-action maintainer activities.  While I can't promise to be
the maintainer of all those activities, I could avoid forking and
local-to-OLPC point releases if I could use ASLO instead.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/