[Sugar-devel] New-ASLO and Sugar Network

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Tue May 16 23:19:34 EDT 2017

The choice of architecture is not odd - it is quite reasonable. The
question is what information needs to be available to the user browsing
the collection.
The question is what information from ASLO needs to be available to the
user browsing activities. In addition to the activity name and icon
shown by School Network, ASLO provides information about the developer,
a summary, a description, links to the git repository, and so on. A
question in the GSOC project will be what of this information is needed.

The main push relevant to ASLO at the moment is make github/sugarlabs
the repository for maintenance and support of the activities. So it
appear we will need two 'centers' for ASLO. Github/sugarlabs for
development and support. ASLO for users to select and download
activities. So it would appear that what is needed is to use setup.py to
make bundles of new versions of an activity and that these bundles be
'published' to ASLO.

Tony