[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [wiki bug] Roadmap Sugar Labs - Ambiguity detected on how to make Decisions

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue May 9 21:06:48 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 02:14:51PM +0000, D. Joe wrote:
> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 04:04:05PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> > No doubt about relevance, but conflicting opinion may reinforce
> > errant behaviour rather than improve a situation.  The rebound
> > effect.
> >
> > I have seen no other interest than what you have expressed.
>
> Speaking as a relative newcomer to the community, I find this
> interesting.

Thanks!  It is good to see interest.  Please get involved.

Let me rephrase my earlier brevity; I've seen no other interest from
the board members other than Laura.  I'm expecting they are too busy
or my mail is filed as spam.  ;-}

> [...]
> One model for group decision making that I do like, that seems to
> work reasonably well without nearly so much overhead as traditional
> debate-centered deliberations is the consent agenda mechanism.
> [...]

Yes, this is a good one.  Thanks for sharing it.

It may highlight an underlying limitation; the time the board members
have available to contribute toward deliberation.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/